Books are my life…
Everyone around knows my love for books. I treat them better than I treat anything else in my life.
What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa,a good book and a cup of coffee?
This year I decided that I’d be intentional about my reading time and spend a lot of time deliberately reading.They always look brand new even after years of reading and re-reading them.The problem with reading a good book is that you want to finish the book but you don’t want to finish the book.
Benefits are many…
Other than adding to your knowledge ,they improve analytical thinking,concentration and helps you feel less stressed…
So you can be a creative thinker with much enriched vocabulary and writing skills.Some books you read,some books you enjoy but some books just swallow you up,your heart and soul.
You know how people are crazy about their kids or pets?
I am crazy about books in the same way. They are better than all living organisms. Period! Am I kidding !!! not 🙂
But seriously, hear me out:
It’s like meditation…It makes you better and happier,inside and out…
1. When everyone else lets you down you always have your books to go back to. Reading is like a conversation.
Even in the loneliest moments you know you can immerse yourself in a new world in a book and everything will be okay. At least for awhile.
2. You can feel alive when you’re reading. When you’re enthralled in a book, it can take you through a series of emotions in a short time.You can literally become another person whom you have never met, possibly admire, for an extended amount of time.
3. Sometimes you have a hard time dealing with other people. But books, They always understand you. You really don’t need much as long as you have a book.
4. If can wake up thinking about your book and you can go to bed with one next to you. It will never feel smothered. To be honest, the best nights in are nights spent reading.
5. You can carry a book with you at ALL times. Going to the doctor’s office? Carry a book. Going on a road trip? Carry a book. Boarding a plane? Carry a book. You can never be bored, lonely or restless when you have a book with you.
6. It feels great to lose yourself in a book.As you let go of the emotional and mental chatter found in the real world, you enjoy deep reading that allows you to feel what the characters in a story feel. And this in turn makes you more empathetic to people in real life, becoming more aware and alert to the lives of others.
7. Have your ever felt so connected to a story that it’s as if you experienced it in real life? There’s a good reason why:your brain actually believes that you have experienced it. When we read, the brain does not make a real distinction between reading about an experience and actually living it. You fall in love with the characters,their heart ,their soul.
I feel it’s the most marvelous adventures that anyone can have.
People that read are respected,because of their speech…
Hi! I am Anushree Dash…
1 Part Entrepreneur
2 Parts Blogger
3 Parts photographer
4 Parts explorer, Too many Parts.
A free-spirited,non-conformist,independent,adventurous,boho soul and an admirer of life.Loves my Indian roots, Culture, Aesthetic Living, Saree, Poetry …